Supply & Refining Operator (Ex Rack & Rail Supply)
TOTAL Lindsey Oil Refinery is an operational unit of TOTAL, one of the world's leading integrated refining & energy organisations. Employing a total of 550 staff, the refinery processes 220,000 barrels of oil per day, supplying products to the UK and Northern Europe.
A vacancy has arisen within the Planning & Oil Movements Department for the position of Supply Operator (Rail & Pipe Operations).
Your key responsibilities are the direct daily coordination of rail and pipe supply of petroleum products from Lindsey Oil Refinery (LOR) to inland terminals. Optimisation of the logistics programme and consultation with external and internal parties is essential in order to maintain and enhance the monthly operating result of LOR. This includes:
* Plan and execute rail and pipe supply of products to designated storage terminals to meet agreed performance indicators for average stock held.
* Liaison with Planning & Oil Movements Personnel, third party terminal operators and customers to ensure product supply.
* Continual optimisation and monitoring of supply programme and lifting performance by location, feeding into weekly/monthly demand forecasts.
* Management and control of road liftings by customer and location.
* Production of monthly sales forecasts based on individual sales channels. Monitoring of actual performance against forecast with production of weekly updates.
Applicants should ideally be educated to degree level in a business related discipline, have a minimum of 3 years' industry related experience and be able to demonstrate competence in logistics and supply coordination. In addition, applicants should have excellent Planning & Organisational skills and be an effective communicator. Knowledge of Refinery processes would be an advantage but is not essential
You should be a proficient user of SAP and also the Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
A comprehensive remuneration package is offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications attained, including a competitive salary and attractive employee benefits.
To apply, e-mail your CV along with a covering letter stating why you consider yourself well-suited for the role of Supply & Refining Operator to:
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2013
Please note that due to the anticipated number of applicants if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date of this advert your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion. We would like to thank you for your interest in this position.
Total Lindsey Oil refinery is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all appropriately qualified people.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : North Lincolnshire, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Hull
Salary : Competitive
Date Advertised : 22 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.