PRODUCTION SHIFT MANAGER - EAST YORKSHIRE/LINCOLNSHIRE
£35,000 to £38,000 + excellent benefits package available
4 on 4 off days and nights
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking to be a key player in driving change and to see their results.
Operating as part of one of the most well respected manufacturing companies in their field, the company has strategically diversified its product portfolio over the last 25 years and are committed to on-going technology developments, working with the industry to deliver quality, innovative, cost-effective products to the end customers.
Reporting to the on site Manufacturing Manager, you will mentor and develop your shift production team in LEAN manufacturing techniques whilst implementing improvements across the site to drive efficiencies.
In the role of Shift Production Manager you will be responsible for managing the shift production performance, personnel issues and the Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) of your production team, across all production areas.
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Ensure Production targets and other KPIs are achieved.
* Lead the Quality Cost & Delivery (QCD) Performance for designated groups.
* Direct QCD initiatives: set targets, implement plans, track results.
* Drive actions for improvement working closely with senior managers, other shift supervisors to ensure clear communication of information and action plans.
* Manage your teams performance: establish areas for improvements with team members, drive teamwork, lead problem solving groups, lead workshops on quality improvement methods (5S, TPM, etc.)
* Ensure daily team management: assure appropriate headcount to achieve required production levels and ensure standardised work methods are adhered to.
* Develop the members of your team through annual performance appraisals, career development plans, advise and arrange for appropriate training
The successful Shift Production Manager must have a broad knowledge of lean and Six Sigma tools and be able to demonstrate previous success in implementing these modern techniques into a traditional manufacturing environment. The Production Shift Manager will be experienced in man-management, with skills in leadership and team development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Shift Production Manager to identify, drive and implement the improvements across the site, with support of senior management. Most importantly, we are looking for an enthusiastic, result driven, people person who has the skills and attitude to develop and coach their teams.
To be considered for the position please apply now or contact Laura Prior at Morgan Ryder.
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
We regularly place people in the following positions: Sales & Marketing, Design and Development Engineers, Project Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Production & Operational Management, Quality & Technical, Maintenance Engineering, Facilities Management, Supply Chain, Purchasing & Procurement, Distribution, Materials Management, Planning, Finance, Clerical, Human Resources, IT and Health & Safety
Job Type : Permanent
Location : East Riding of Yorkshire, Humberside, North Lincolnshire, Hull, Grimsby, Scunthorpe
Salary : £35k - £38k pa + excellent benefits package
Date Advertised : 25 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.